Monday, September 3, 2012

A Blue Ribbon Day!

Papaw and Jojo wanted to go to the Fair with us.  We haven't been in years but decided since we got free passes to splurge a little and take the family out for a day of fun.  We had a great day!




Everybody enjoyed the chicken exhibit.  There were some pretty cool birds and a turkey names Ken (Ken-turkey, get it?)



We saw goats being judged.


Rows of blue ribbon corn.



Sophie danced to the cutest cowboy singing George Strait hits in the Mike Linning tent.


The Kentucky State Police saftey booth was a hit with Sophie.  She loved getting her license.





State Trooper "want to be's"  That's my family!




Can't have a trip to the fair without seeing Freddie Farm Bureau.


The time finally came for the Midway.  My kids were so excited.  Madison loves to ride rides.


My adventurous 4 year old wanted to ride but only with Madison.  Our problem was either he was too big to ride with her or she was too little to ride with him.  The perils of having children 14 years apart.


Finally we found something we could all ride and had a blast!



My daughter begged to ride everything and her big brother kept trying to talk me into letting her ride the adult rides....no I don't think so.  She just had her appendix removed and I was not about to let her on the scrambler even though she begged me.





Our Fair adventure was great.  I am so glad we got to share this day together and am looking forward to next years with the kiddos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment