Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From Green to Clean

I have a love- hate relationship with our pool.  When it's hot and everything is working I love it.  When it's not, I hate it!  This year I spent about a week hating it.  We had so much rain for so long that when the cover was removed this year, it was a swamp!  It's always kind of yucky when I open it because our cover is mesh and that allows a certain amount of stuff to go through plus having trees around the pool makes for quite a few leaves that find their way under it and into the deep end but this year it was just awful!  I am the one in the family who reads the directions on everything and therefore am the one who understands how the chemicals work and how to set the pool up for vacuuming so therefore I am the one who had to figure out how to clean it up.  After dumping a huge amount of chemicals and money into the thing and brushing and vacumming and brushing and vaccuming and .....it is fianally ready.



 This is the pool after I had been working on it already for about 5 days.  Ugh!!! At least it was a lighter shade of green. Somewhere in the bottom of that murk was my sunglasses that fell off the first day I was vaccuming.  I think the Creature from the Black Lagoon had them.
 Sophie played in her little baby pool while we worked on the big one.  She couldn't wait for her first swim but was making the best of it.

 Even Lifeguard Barbie kept asking, "when is the pool going to open? "

 My new Hibiscus opened before the pool.
Finally, all my hard work paid off.  A clean, blue sparkling pool and just in time for the 90 degree weather that moved in!
Sophie was just a little apprehensive when she first got in but quickly got her "swim on".  She was all over the pool swimming with her noodle by herself.  Back and forth to the deep end.  Summer for the Shipley's is ready to begin!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome before and after!!!! And I love Lifeguard Barbie.

    ReplyDelete