Friday, July 8, 2011

He Pushes Them

I think mommies have a natural desire to protect their children.  I tend not to push the kids to do things that are uncomfortable or that cause them fear.  I prefer to soothe those fears and baby them.  Not Daddy.  Daddy has always pushed Madison to do things he thought he couldn't and it is now carrying over to Sophie.  Pappy and I ran to Lowe's last night.  I was gone maybe an hour and came home to a little girl doing things she wasn't doing before I left.  Things I would not have pushed her to do.


 This year Sophie had developed a fear of jumping to Daddy.  He was not going to have it.  Not only is she jumping to him but she is jumping further than she ever has before.



 He also had her balancing high up in the air then falling into his arms.  


 He showed her that on her tippy toes she could touch the bottom of our shallow end and had her swimming with very little assistance from him.  
I was so proud of her accomplishments and I am glad that Daddy pushes her even when it's not comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment