Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's Hump Day!

I am up dressed and at 547am ready to head to work.  That still sounds so strange.  After being a Stay at Home Mom for 17 years most of the time I couldn't tell you what day it was because I worked everday at home.  Now I'm caring about such things as "Hump Day".

 Yesterday was my first full day of seeing how things are done.  I was a little apprehensive about this position because I really wasn't sure what it was.   There had been an extensive job description and they explained it to me but you can't really comprehend it till you see it in action.  After working an 8 hour shift last night I got a pretty good idea and I really think I'm going to like it and I think I'll be good at it.

My first day was a little rough.  Madison was designated babysitter and I was at work longer than I had thought I would be.  I came home to He and Jacob wanting to play Xbox and a little girl who wouldn't share the TV.  Sophie was in her panties on the couch with a blanket.  I asked Madison if he had ever dressed her that day?  He had but said she kept complaining of being hot then cold.  For a teenage  boy this wasn't so weird but a mom knows exactly what that can mean....fever.  Sophie had a temp of 104.  Poor Madison felt bad but he didn't know and Sophie is such a tough little kid that she never told him she felt sick.  He said she was just a little whiney and he thought it was because she was missing me.  After taking her to the Dr. that night I was relieved to find out it was just a virus and needed to run it's course.  Last night she seemed better but I'm glad I only work 4 hours today and will home with her the rest of the day.  I"m missing her already.

1 comment:

  1. That sure stinks to come home to a sick child on your first day of work. My Chinese children tend to run high temps when they have fevers. Tell Madison that even a mom can miss these things sometimes, so she shouldn't beat himself up.

    ReplyDelete