Monday, May 30, 2011

Revisiting the library

Sophie is really starting to enjoy books so I decided we would dust off her library card from 2 years ago 

and try the library again.  For most children this isn't a big deal but for our family it is very special.  Two years ago I was taking Sophie to a playgroup at the library but decided to stop when it became clear that she just wasn't ready for that type of interaction with other children.  She still had a lot of healing to do and we needed to just be home. 

 When she entered the library this time there was a huge smile on her face.  When I showed her the rows and rows of books she could pick from, she was thrilled.  I told her she could get as many as she wanted but realized that was a little overwhelming so we chose six books.  She was so excited to hand the librarian her card and books and kept talking about, "how many we were buying."

As we left the library, I couldn't help but remember  how far my little girl has come from the scared, overwhelmed baby that I brought home from China.   She is now one of the happiest, sweetest, friendliest little girls I've ever seen.  She loves her family and loves her friends.  Everywhere she goes she has so much fun.   Every time I think about the Sophie then and the Sophie now, I am reminded of this verse in Isaiah 61:3

"........ he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory."




No comments:

Post a Comment