Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A sweet gift from my soul sister

Becky and I have been friends since our boys were little.  We met in Sunday school class at a Dinner's for Six gathering, hit it off and have been buddies ever since.   Since then she and her family have moved several times and we haven't lived in the same state for quite some time but try to get together when we can.  She truly is like a sister to me.  Along with my friend Jill she put together the most amazing baby shower for me, she was at the airport waiting for me when I got off the plane from China, stayed for almost a week, did my laundry, cooked meals, and kept Sophie one day so I could sleep for 3 hours when I was so sleep deprived and jet lagged I thought I was going to pass out.  We talk everyday (usually 2-3 times per day) and those talks are so important to me.  We can get into some really deep spiritual conversations and fuss about all the things our kids and husbands are doing to drive us crazy or plan the best way to get our laundry under control (that's really more her problem, she has 4 kids I only have 2 :)).  I am so grateful to have this "soul sister" relationship with her.  


This week she surprised me with a special package.  It was a charm for my Pandora bracelet.  A butterfly.  Half of it was sent to me and the other half is on her bracelet.  I love it and I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment