Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to School One Last Time

He looked at me and said, "just think Mom, this is the last time you will take me back to school shopping." My heart sank, my lip gave a little quiver  as I headed into Target to buy pencils, paper, notebooks and folders for him one last time.   I have tried not to think about him being a Senior.  I've kept myself busy this summer and lived in denial that my baby boy isn't a baby anymore.  I keep telling  myself, "we still have the whole year" but I know this year is a stepping stone to him going to college and leaving home so....
 I tried to make the last time a fun time.  

 Shopping at Target always seems to make you feel better!
 Decisions....decisions....the blue pens or the black????

 Daddy surprised Sophie and met us at the mall for lunch.
 Picking out new clothes is one of the best parts of back to school shopping!
 Sophie got a few things.  Seriously, you just can't not buy crayons when they are only .40 cents.
Madison's new supplies.  I loved that my almost 18 year old still wanted Transformers folders.

No comments:

Post a Comment