Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day One Last Time

I cannot believe this is the last time I will be doing this with him.  It seems only yesterday I was getting him ready for his first day of Kindergarten at Christian Academy, trying so hard not to cry.  Every year on the first day of school he and I have had our picture taken together.  The little boy who once barely made it to my waist is now a head taller than me.  I will never forget my mom telling me to, "Enjoy it.  They grow up so fast especially when they get in school."  Boy was she right!  This morning as I made him cinnomon rolls and got the camera ready, I once again was trying to hold back the tears.  I couldn't believe this was the last time I would be doing this with him.

MY SENIOR
2011
 



MY KINDERGARTNER
1999


I think even he was a little sad this morning.  He said, "Mom, we can still do this each year when I go to college can't we?"  I told him yes and tried to explain to him that it will be different.  He doesn't understand how much he is going to change this year.  How he will naturally start pulling away from us as he turns 18 and starts planning for college. As long as he is willing to take a picture with me, I will oblige him!

Of course Little Miss Fu wasn't going to let us have our special time without being in on it.  And of course her big brother who pretty much lets her do anything she wants was happy to let her in on the fun! 

I am so grateful for these special moments I had with Madison and I look forward to what God has in store for him as he finishes his last year of school.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I don't get to see my kids off to school on their first days and have always tried to come up with a tradition that could commemorate the event. I kept thinking we would have dinner out on the first day and discuss the day and then go to breakfast the day after the last day but have never managed it. It is so sweet that you get to do this and have all these pictures of the two of you together.

    ReplyDelete