Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa Comes Tonight! Christmas With Mamoo & Pappy

Tonight we headed to Mamoo & Pappy's for Christmas Eve Dinner, time with my family and of course presents.  This has been my families tradition since before I was born.  We always went to my Grandmothers house on Christmas Eve.  Everyone looked forward to it because my Grandmother had certain dishes she cooked only at Christmas and they were delicous.  My mom has taken over this tradition and my brothers and I look so forward to getting some of our favorite dishes from our childhood.  My brother Sam informed me that this was his favorite meal out of all the holidays. 


This is my Grandmothers Fresh Apple Nut Cake with Cream Cheese Icing.  It was her mother's recipe and it is so good!  Another favorite on the menu was my Grandmother's fruit salad.  These items bring back such good memories for us all.

The grandkids love coming on Christmas Eve because they feel special eating off the good China and using crystal glasses.  Since I was little my job has always been to set the table.  My Grandmother taught me the proper placement for the silverware when I was a girl and this Christmas I taught my little girl.  She loved helping.  It was like a giant tea party for her.

After dinner and dessert it was gift time.  Sophie recieved everything Barbie and my older brothers enjoyed a good laugh reminding me how I was a Barbie nut and how they used to threaten to pull their heads off just to aggrivate me.


The remote control Barbie Corvette was a big hit.  Even the boys wanted to play with it.

Mamoo with her Grandbabies.  These kids adore her!
Dwayne, Lora and Zachary.  They are ready for Santa to come!
My brother Sam and his girls Angie & Victoria.

Victoria is a Daddy's girl for sure!



When we were finished at mom and dads we headed home to get everything ready for the man in the red suit.  Sophie and Madison said goodbye to Ollie.

Then Daddy sat his children down to read them the story of the night Jesus was born.  Camden has done this since Madison was a baby but this year he read it from his Bible app instead of the book.  It's amazing how fast things seem to change.  One thing stays the same and that is God's word.  Camden and I have always tried to keep Christ as the focus of Christmas for our kids and this tradition of reading the Bible before bed genlty reminds us of why we celebrate Christmas.
We sat out our cookies for Santa, Sophie spread her reindeer food on the front lawn.
Camden read Sophie The Night Before Christmas then one last photo and off to bed for her.  It was time for Santa to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment