Sunday, October 24, 2010

Daddy Did It

This weekend I headed out of town for my semi annual retreat with ladies I have scrapbooked with for 12 + years.  My friend Denise, Jill and Holly are so much fun to be around.  It's great to have friends where you can truly be yourself and laugh and laugh and laugh.  As a mom you always worry a little when you go away.  Are the kids going to get all their needs met?  Is everyone going to be okay without me?  Well I am happy to say they are and were thanks to Daddy.  When I came home, Dad had taken the kids to church.   I found out while I was gone Sophie had started running a fever and was coughing.  What did Daddy do?  He called my aunt Sherry, who is nurse, found out how much Tylenol and Benadryl to give her.  He sat with her in the coffee shop at church and held Sophie instead of putting her in the nursery and called her Pediatrian to get her an appointment.    What he didn't do was call me and tell me anything about it.  Why?  Because he knew I would worry and would feel I needed to come home.  He was right.   Even though I mostly take care of these issues, when he needed to, he stepped up to the "parenting plate" and took care of business.  I am very proud of him.  He is such a good daddy and husband.  Sophie told me after I got home, "mommy no go away".  It made me feel good and I was glad I was missed even though Camden did such a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment