Monday, October 18, 2010

Mother's Day Out

My friend Suzannah told me about a wonderful Mother's Day Out program at Shively Baptist Church.  I had been hoping to find one and start Sophie in it at some point.  I put Sophie on the waiting list thinking that maybe after Christmas she would get in.  They called less than a week later and told me they would make room for her.  I was excited but also nervous for Sophie.  She has never stayed with anyone but Daddy, Mamoo Bobby, or Madison.  She goes to the church nursery but that's only an hour.  This would be 5 hours!  I decided to go for it.  I have been noticing how much she is growing up and with it the desire to be around other kids.




I took her to observe last week and we started this morning.  She was so excited to pack her Hello Kitty lunch box and put her beloved "Blue Gheesh" & Pink Minky Dot blanket in her backpack.  She really thought she was something.  If  anyone said anything to her she would immediately turn and show off her back pack.

I had a good feeling about it and when I picked her up, Miss Stephanie, told me she did fabulous and even took a nap on her little cot.  Daddy & I were so happy for her and it was nice to have 5 hours to do some errands and have some time to myself for the first time in 20 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment