Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sick kids and sibling rivalry

Because Madison was an only child for so long I never had the experience of several children being sick at one time.  My friends, who have multiple children, always seem to have more than one child sick at the same time or they worry that the others will catch it ,which they inevitably do.   It's just funny to me that I am now living through these same issues after waiting so long for another child.   Sophie and Madison are both sick.  She went to the Doctor on Monday, he on Tuesday.  They are both on Claritin and Augmentin.  She the liquid versions, he the pill. (Buying two types gets expensive!)   The other thing that I now deal with is sibling rivalry.  I truly thought that because of their age difference I would not have this. I was wrong.  One minute they are fighting because she is touching his stuff or because he is teasing her.  She will grab the paper he is writing for school and take off running with it.  He will tell on her.  He takes her dolls and holds it out of her reach, she tells on him.  And just like other brothers and sisters, they love each other.  He thinks she is the prettiest little girl in the world and she screams his name and runs to him when she sees his car pull in the driveway, then straight into his arms.  There was a time when I thought these experiences would never be a part of my life.  Now, I thank God every day for the blessing of sick kids and sibling rivalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment