Saturday, January 15, 2011

Breakfast







I love to go out for breakfast.  There is something about going out and getting a good cup of coffee and biscuits with gravy that just makes me happy.  We had no intention of doing that this morning but we made the mistake of having the Food Network on and there happened to be a show on the "Best Breakfast you can get".  Camden and I looked at each other and said, "let's go out."  We were going to go to Cracker Barrel but on a whim decided to go to Wagner's Pharamcy.  Waggner's sits on 4th Street directly across the rear entrance of Churchill Downs.  It has been there since 1922 and has served a many famous Jockey's, owners and trainers of some of the best thoroughbreds and Derby Winners.  I didn't know till I looked at the menu but the owner won a Throw Down against Bobby Flay with her famous omelet.  I was tempted to get that but had to go with my breakfast favorite, biscuits and gravy.  Another fun little tidbit is there used to be a hardware store next to Wagner's it was called Schobe's Hardware.  It had been there for years.  The owner of that store built my house and lived in it from 1949 till sometime in the 80's.  I'm sure they ate at Wagner's often.  It was a very satisfying breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment