Saturday, January 22, 2011

She makes him cry


My dad is a great dad.  He loves his children, all of them the same.  He really loves his grandkids and they think he is the best!  If you ask Madison why he loves Pappy his response is, "because Pappy is always there for me.  I can count on him for anything and I know how much he cares about me because he gives of himself to me.  He always has time for me."   While waiting for Sophie, referrals from China slowed down.  We were told our wait would be 8 months, it was 3 years.  Pappy struggled.  He tends to be a worrier and he would talk to my mom about how worried he was that it might not happen and that he was afraid for me.   He was also the one who always asked if we had heard anything yet and if I was okay? Sophie is 14 years younger than his last biological grandchild.  He is in his 70's now and not as physically active as he was with the older kids,  but he is much more tender with Sophie.  She makes him cry.  If he thinks about her being in an orphanage, he cries.  If he thinks about her not making it home, he cries.  He thinks she is so pretty and he tells her all the time.  He also thinks she is smart and he tells her and all his morning coffee friends at McDonalds all the time. He brags on her constantly.  He is a good Pappy and I'm so glad that Sophie has him in her life.  Today he called and asked if she could play in the snow?  I didn't really feel like getting all her snow stuff on again but I told him she would meet him outside.  I want her to have as many of these memories of him as she can have.   Pappy is the reason my blog is titled what it is.  I'm 43 years old and my dad still calls me Doodle.  I can't remember a time in my life when he didn't.  He's a good Pappy. 





3 comments:

  1. It is a blessing to have a wonderful father. I have one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, he is the BEST Pappy around!! What a blessing that those two are so close :)
    Adorable!

    ReplyDelete