Monday, February 14, 2011

The Best Laid Plans of a mom......



I had a plan.  It was a good plan....or so I thought.  Our family went to church on Saturday night.  I got up on Sunday, scanned the Target and Hobby Lobby ads, filled my cup of coffee and got busy.  The plan was to clean the house, get all the laundry done and put away, then on Monday at 9:00 a.m. when I dropped Sophie off at Mother's Day Out, I would come back home with nothing to do but play around in my scrapbook room.  It was going to be my day.   My plan was working better than expected.  Camden and Madison got in on the cleaning and helped me all morning and things were going very quickly.  But as we all cleaned and I began getting ready to go to the Lyle Lovette concert that evening with my husband my plan began to fall apart as my little girl who had began coughing a few days earlier now was feverish and getting worse.  By the time we got home from the concert her fever was a 102 and I knew what that meant, my plans had changed.   I am now sitting here waiting for the clock to strike 9:00 a.m., not to hear Ms. Steaphanie tell Sophie Happy Valentines Day but instead to hear that familiar phrase, "Pediatric Associates, how may I help you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment