Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gobble....Gobble...Happy Turkey Day


This year we headed over to Aunt D's house for our first Thanksgiving meal of the day.  It was yummy and the kids had a great time playing and being together.




We were unable to do our Fall Birthday Celebration earlier in the season so we had a little party for all the Fall babies after dinner.  Sophie and Madison's birthdays are always right around Thanksgiving so it works out pretty good for them. 







This year Madison turns 18 and Hunter turned 16 earlier in the month!  I cannot believe how big these boys have gotten.  It seems only yesterday Madison gave Hunter the name "Baby Huntoo" and we still call him that on occasion and probably always will.




Sophie was so cute.  When we  sang Happy Birthday, she covered her mouth and giggled the whole time. 








After D's, we headed to Mamoo and Pappy's house.  There are two things I look forward to the most with my mom's dinner; her dressing, it's so yummy and her pecan pie made from my Aunt Ginna's recipe.  It's usually perfect and I could eat the whole thing but this year she forgot to put the sugar in and thus my Thanksgiving Day was less than ideal :(


Fortunately there is a beautiful thing that 
follows Thanksgiving, it's called Friday and Friday means leftovers and the time to make fresh pecan pie which is what my Mommy did for me and I was very thankful!











No comments:

Post a Comment