Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Sophie!

Today is Sophie's 3rd birthday.  After I picked her up from Mother's Day out, we waited for Madison to come home and we headed to the Mall so Sophie could tell Santa everything she wanted for Christmas.  She loved him and had no problem jumping up in his lap and chatting away.  


 After Santa we headed down the mall to the fountain where Sophie threw in some coins and made a birthday wish.




 Daddy couldn't be here to see Sophie open her presents so I taped it all and sent it to him.  Here she is giving Moomee some kisses for the wonderful toy mixer she recieved.
 I love this face so much!!!
After all the birthday celebrating was over,  I put her new pj's on her and we climed up in the rocking chair.  We thanked God for his goodness, for our family and the blessings of birthdays.  I thanked God that he allowed me to be this little girls mommy.  I am still so humbled that he chose me for this wonderful privilege.  This week as Sophie's birthday approached, I began thinking more and more about her Chinese mother.  Tonight Sophie and I prayed for her.  We asked God to somehow make it known to her that Sophie is safe and loved.  That as another birthday for this beautiful little girl comes and goes that there "would be a peace that passes all understanding."  Happy Birthday my little Fu baby.  You are so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment