Monday, November 15, 2010

Why?

I am not sure why God decided to make one of the childhood milestones the question "why?" but he did. Maybe it is so kids can learn about the world around them or maybe they are learning where their boundaries lie.  Or maybe, just maybe, it's so they can learn that all important phrase, " because I said so, that's why?"  Whatever the reason, my daughter has hit this milestone with a vengence.   Trying to be a good mother, I usually answer her question "why" one or two times but always seems to end up with, "because I said so, now get in the car....stop eating that.....pick up your toys....stop aggrivating your brother......etc...etc....!!!"  It's been thirteen years since Madison was 3.  For the life of me I can't remember how long this phase lasts.  I really hope not too long.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Katie I had to laugh, however it hasn't been that long ago that Miss Emily went through what felt like an eternity of "why". Good luck and hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete