Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A tearful morning






This morning, Jacob, left for the Air Force.  Jacob is my second cousin but there were times when Camden and I would beg his mother to let us have him.  We even offered to give her money.  Unfortunately she knew what a good kid she had and refused our offers each time.  As I uploaded photos to Facebook this morning, all the wonderful memories of he and Madison's childhood came flooding back and the tears flowed.  All the fun sleepovers, Batman, GI Joe's, & Pokemon tournaments.   When Madison was little he would cry every time Jacob had to go home.  He just loved Jacob and so did we.    Madison teared up over Jacob again yesterday.  "I'm going to miss him mom but I know he's doing the right thing.  He's going to make something of himself and I'm really proud of him."  What I wouldn't give to go back to those days of Jacob coming over, me giving him all the Go-gurt he wanted.  Hours later he would call his mom and go home sick.  It wasn't until about a month later his mom and I figured out what was wrong.  She said," your giving Jacob yogurt? He is lactose intolerant.  Didn't he tell you he can't have dairy."   Jake and I have a good laugh about that now.  He didn't know yogurt was a dairy product.  He just knew his mom never bought it for him and it was good.  Addie, Jacob's sister is the only one left at home now.  She posted on Facebook this morning how much she already missed her brother.  It killed me because she was part of those "Three Muskateers."  The oldest and always bossing the two boys around.    I didn't know it would be so hard to watch these kids grow up and become adults, but it is.  Harder than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment