Saturday, July 21, 2012

Writing With Light - Jully 4, 2012

This July 4th was spent hanging out by the pool and just relaxing.  I had worked all weekend and I didn't want to do anything but sunbathe and love on my family.  I didn't even lift  a finger to take a photo until evening when teenagers began slowly showing up to swim and hang out with Madison and Kaitlyn. 


We had gotten our hands on a bunch of sparklers (courtesy of Wesley) and I decided to have some photo fun by trying out a technique I had been seeing on Pinterest.  I'm not sure if this is the exact name for it but I am calling it "Light Writing" because you are using a light source to write.  We all got in on the fun and the teenagers had a blast and couldn't wait to get their hands on the pics to put on their Facebook walls.





 Sophie tried but couldn't quite get a letter formed.  She loved the sparklers anyway and gave it her best.



 

Although it's a little hard to tell Kaitlyn wrote "maddies", her nickname for Madison.



Camden also wrote the nickname of the one he loves, CATS! (Wildcats was too big and he can't spell Doodle :) 




Hearts proved to be a really good choice for Light Writing.




 I think Madison was trying to impress his girlfriend here.  It looks like his attempt at Kaitlyn.  It's backwards.  We had a hard time figuring this part out.  I think there is a way to flip the photo but I'm not sure how to do it.  I'll read up on it.


 Not sure what this is supposed to say but it's pretty.


I think this says PRIDE.  Brandon's attempt at honoring his school, Panther Pride.  Again, it's backwards.




We were down to a few sparklers and decided to have each person write only one letter and to write it backwards.  This was our attempt and proved to be the best. 


 LOVE....


It's all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment