Sunday, December 19, 2010

Church at Christmastime


The boys are always the first ones to pick up Sophie in the nursery.  
I love our church.  Camden and I have been attending Southeast Christian for 22 years.  We started when we were dating, we were married in the chapel and both of our children have been dedicated to the Lord there.  My goal as a mother is not to just raise smart, successful or even good children.  It is more important to raise Godly children and Southeast plays a huge part in that goal.   As I sat shoulder to shoulder with my husband this morning as I have done for so many Christmases  I was touched by the beauty of the service.  The children's choir singing along with adult choir and orchestra.  I loved singing O Little Town of Bethlehem and Oh Come All Ye Faithful with fellow believers.  Old songs that seem fresh and new each Christmas season.   All the hustle and bustle, the disappointments and stresses of the season faded away as we worshiped God and remembered that holy night so long ago.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that choir song tore me up! The kids, the adults, the soloist...I was a mess!! I love our church too and am glad I met you there! MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete