Friday, December 31, 2010

Our Annual Year End Review

I'm not sure how many years our family has done this but each New Year's Eve we head to the Egg Roll Machine/Cafe Mimosa on Bardstown Road for hot tea, egg rolls and to look back over what the year held for us.  We make a list of whatever comes to mind.  Anything that was significant, good or bad, for our family.I have always scrap booked these lists but they are now part of my blog.  Here is the list in no particular order:
  •  
  • Madison got his full license
  • Madison spent four days camping out at his first Icthus Concert
  • Madison got his first job
  • Camden lost his job at Hosting.com
  • Sophie began Mother's Day Out
  • I got an Iphone
  • Camden started his own consulting business
  • Camden got his Ford Explorer 
  • Camden wrecked his Ford Explorer a week later
  • I sold my SUV and bought my mom's old car
  • Madison became CPR/Lifeguard certified
  • Madison went to his first Homecoming dance with a date
  • I got my first embroidery machine
  • Camden started working for Ebit 
  • Our family considered relocating to Florida
  • Madison got his first ITouch
  • We received our long awaited Adoption Tax Credit
  • Madison drove us to Lexington
  • Sophie began ballet
  • I started a play group for families with children from China
  • Madison got several of his classmates to sponsor a young man, Kibwika Jeofrey,  in Uganda through Compassion International
Even with the ups and downs of 2010, we have much to thank God for.  He has once again showed us his faithfulness in so many ways and for that we are truly grateful.  Not sure what the new year will bring for our family but I am so glad we will go through it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment