Monday, December 6, 2010

Poor Baby

It's 1230a.m.  I am typing this as I sit on the couch with a sick little girl.  We just finished an episode of Little Bear and are now watching the Wonder Pets rescue a reindeer.  Sophie and I have been nursing sinus junk for about a week.  Mine was almost over but yesterday Sophie's took a turn for the worse when her eyes started getting all goopy and she kept waking up coughing.  I thought maybe a head cold but when the Doctor examined her she had an ear infection, puss pockets on her throat and conjunctavistis.  You would have never known she was that sick.  This little girl never complains.  From the time she has been a part of our family, whenever she is sick the only way I can tell is she runs a fever or I find her "self soothing" (rubbing her beloved blue gheesh against her lips).   Last week she burned the palm of her hand on our fire pit.  She never cried.  In some ways she is such a tough little kid but in others she's so sensitive.  When others get a "boo" she gets really upset.  She doesn't like to see them hurt even though she never complains when she's the one hurting.    

No comments:

Post a Comment