Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Bed....Part 1

I love Sophie's baby bed.  When we decided to adopt and knew that it would be a little girl I had an idea of the kind of bed I would like and this one was it and so much more!  It is a creamy white with beautiful tall posts and you can even add a canopy to if you choose.  A perfect bed for a baby girl.
 Like most of the furniture in my house, my mom found it for me.  I was working at Brown Forman one day when I got a call from her telling me she saw the prettiest bed at Marshals and I need to go look at it.  I headed over there after work and from across the store, before I even got a closer look, I said "that bed is going home with me today!"  It was the one.

When we moved into our current home, putting that bed together was one of the first things I did.  It sat in Sophie's room for almost a year as we eagerly waited the day when she would occupy it.  

I made the bedding and purchased the softest, pinkest, cuddliest covers I could find.  It was really important to me that she have a nice, comfortable bed.  I knew living  in an orphanage our daughter probably wouldn't have a nice bed and so I was determined she was going to have a wonderful one in her new home and this bed fit that desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment