Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'll never stop worrying about him

Several months ago Madison asked if he could drive to Cincinnati to see his girlfriend, Kaitlyn.  At the time I said yes thinking I would worry about it later.  Well later came and on Friday, he headed out of town.  I was angry the whole day.  I was angry at myself because I said yes, I was angry at Camden because he wasn't worried with me and I was angry at Madison for going!  Madison is a great kid.  He is very responsible but he has never driven outside of Jefferson County.  His friend Brandon was going with him.  They printed their map on Map Quest, made their playlist and headed out.  It was his first "road trip".  I held my breath and prayed for two hours and was so relieved to see the text "we are here".  Now I could relax till Sunday when he would be driving back home.  I cannot tell you how happy I was to see that old white station wagon pull in my driveway this afternoon.  I know he has to grow up and do grown up things but it's hard on a mamma.  I'm not sure I'll ever quite worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment