Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Bed....Part 5


I spent yesterday putting up the new bed and getting all the covers washed and the pillow shams ironed.  When I was finished, Sophie looked at the bed and said, "me want my baby bed back."  I know how she felt.  But it doesn't take long to get used to change and in no time Madison had her excited about sleeping in her new bed.  He crawled up in it with her and together they talked to Katelin Farmer  (Madison's girlfriend) via Facetime and I thought how funny and sweet it was to have my two kids playing around in the same bed.  One 17 and one 3.  It wasn't so long ago that he was little and moving out of a baby bed.  I am happy to say that Sophie did great her first night in her "big girl" bed.  Daddy couldn't help but go in there before work and wake her up.  He crawled up next to her and loved on his baby for a few minutes.  He couldn't do that when she was in a baby bed.   Even though it's a twin bed she looks so little in it and I realized that just because she is out of her baby bed, she will always be my baby no matter how big she gets.
The new bed.


Sophie trying out her new bed.



Talking to Kaitlin.


Waking up in her new bed.

1 comment:

  1. Awh good memories with the baby bed for her and you (:
    Looks like she enjoyed her Big Girl bed!

    ReplyDelete