Saturday, March 19, 2011

I didn't think it could get any better....but

I have gone to scrapbook camp twice a year with same wonderful ladies since Madison was a baby.  It's my time to get away for a weekend with other women who have my same interest, scrapbooking.   We share ideas, family stories, laughs and our troubles.  I love these women who range in so many ages, backgrounds and styles.   This year it just wasn't in the family budget and I was so disappointed.  On Friday I got a text from Jill that said, "just come up on Saturday and spend the day."  (It's good to have one of your best friends in charge)  I jumped on this, threw some photos and supplies in a bag, got up early Saturday, kissed the family goodbye and headed to Indiana.  I am very rarely in the car by myself on such a pretty day and I took advantage of it.  I hooked up my ipod, turned the music up and just enjoyed the 30 minute drive.  As I turned off the exit, it felt in a way like going home and seeing family and I was so glad I made the effort.  After spending the day laughing, catching up and doing a few pages I said my goodbyes, packed up and headed home.  It was a great day.  After arriving home, catching up with everything and hearing all about how UK won the game today, I picked up my little girl and headed to the rocking chair.  I didn't think the day could get any better till that little bundle of sweetness cuddled in closer and said, "me so happy your home mommy."   

No comments:

Post a Comment