Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Bed....Part 2

All of my hard work getting Sophie's baby bed together paid off.  She loves her bed.  She has always been so easy to put to sleep.    I will read a few books, rock her, say prayers then kiss her sweet cheeks and neck as I lay her down.  She will curl up in the corner and happily go to bed.  
What I see as I enter her room each morning.
   

Sophie has never done some of the things other kids do in their beds.  She has never tried to climb out.  She has climbed in to get a doll but then she will yell for one of us to come get her.  She never  sits up or stands  in her bed.  When she wakes up, she will yell, "mom" and wait for me to come in.    When I do she is still curled up in her covers, cuddled in, waking up slow and lazy.
She is slow waking up in the morning and afternoon.
I've known for a few months now that I needed to start thinking about a "big girl bed" for her.  Even though she is content in her baby bed, she has been wanting to sit in it and look at books.  She has also been potty trained for awhile and I felt she needed to be able to get up and go potty if she needs to without having to wait on someone to get her.  The time just seemed right.

No comments:

Post a Comment